“Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.” –Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
I love these verses. Why? Because they describe what we preach in the fitness world all the time.
I am tell anyone who walks in my gym to find a buddy.
- Find someone who can keep you accountable.
- Find someone who will keep you in line with your goals when you are tired or sore.
- Find someone who will help you be your best you.
- Find someone who can tell you when you need an attitude check.
- Find your accountabilibuddy. (Note: That is my own word, but I think it fits perfectly.)
So, I have created 4 items you should look for in an accountabilibuddy.
Five things you should look for and use to help you find one who will keep you on track.